Gems Plus Mod 1.12 adds in many types of Gems into Minecraft. Installing the mod means that you can access to a variety of gems including emerald, ruby, sapphire, amethyst, topaz, phoenixite, quartz, jade, citrine, garnet, spinel, onyx, agate, malachite, tourmaline, chrysocolla, jasper, sugilite ores, items, blocks, tools, armor, dusts, sand and glass.
Besides the new gems, there are one tool called Phoenixite, which you can repair by having right clicking with them on lava. Especially, Phoenixite weapons can light mobs on fire.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Gems Plus Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.