Highlands Mod 1.12 adds many more mountains and hills than in vanilla Minecraft. It includes many varied environments and sub-biomes that represent features like mountains, lakes, forest clearings, valleys, and islands. It uses no modded blocks in world generation, so worlds created with Highlands can be enjoyed by anyone with Minecraft.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Highlands Mod zip file
- Put Highlands Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it
- Highlands will generate a settings file the first time you run Minecraft
- If you are upgrading from an older version, make sure to delete your old HighlandsSettings.txt file first
- Run Minecraft and Enjoy